May 9, 2016
POLICY PROGRAM INTERN RECRUITMENT (5/2016)
RED Communication is a scientific and nonprofit organization established on 12th January 2011 under the Decision No. 15/QD-LHH of the Board of Vuetnam Union of Science and Technology Association, and granted the License No. A-594 by Ministry of Science & Technology on 28th January 2011. RED’s mission is to promote changes in media environment in Vietnam. RED communication strives toward a fair society where legal rights are guaranteed and people&'s livelihoods improved. RED communication is a non-governmental organisation and as a pioneer in development communication in Vietnam, it uses the power of communication to achieve optimal results from development programmes and create conditions for their spreading. For more details about what we do, visit our website: English language: http://red.org.vn/en Vietnamese language: http://red.org.vn/vi RED Communication is looking for a qualified candidate for the position of Policy Program Intern, who will take care of the following tasks: 1. Assist translating/interpreting within RED’s program/project:
- Translate documents related to Media, Policy, Advocacy and other topics as requested;
- Ensure the quality of content and presentation of translated documents;
- Interpret fluently during meetings with donors, partners when requested;
- Ensure the quality of interpreted content.
- Active assistance in preparation for training courses, workshops and events: documents, contact partners, send invitations,…
- Active assistance during training courses, workshops and events: register participants, equipment, documents, participants’ seats, …
- Write minutes of meetings;
- Ensure the quality of content and presentation of the minutes.
- Active participation in researching, storing and synthesizing materials, information.
- Active research and data collection in requested fields.
- Ensure data is organized methodically.
- Active assist in logistic work of field trips: prepare materials, documents, payment, …
- Assist in photo and data collection: photography, video-making, …
- Complete other tasks successfully.
- College degree in policy, law, social sciences, economics or development economics with fluent English;
- Preferably with at least 1 year of working experience;
- Experience in translating and interpreting;
- Experience in working for NGO is an advantage;
- Interested and have career orientation in Media and Policy;
- Skills: communication, computer, photography, video-making, …
- Comply with right-based approach and gender equality;
- Honest, careful, able to work in group and independently.
- Opportunity to work long-term for RED
- Opportunity to learn new skills and open knowledge